If you would like to read more about João Jorge, click here.
To register you simply need to send us an email with your name, and organise to transfer 150E as a deposit - which will not be refunded if you do not attend.
The deadline for applications is 15th June. If we do not have the required 12 participants needed to cover all the costs, we refund the registration fee. So, those coming from abroad please hold off booking flights until 15th June as we cannot be responsible for any travel costs.
What should you expect of the course.....
The course will be conducted in the internationally accepted manner, so all graduates earn a Permaculture Design Certificate for completing the course.
All students are required to be present for the full course if they wish to receive the certificate.
Participants will help to co-create the design of food forests, permaculture-style gardens, hugelkultur beds, natural buildings, water catchment and irrigation systems, work with swales and dams, etc..
What that includes is the following:
- 1. Philosophies and Ethics underlying permaculture.
- 2. Basic permaculture principles and help shape things in general
- 3. Patterns in Nature, and how to use that in design
- 4. Methods of design. How to go from a damaged piece of land to having and idea for how to move forward with it.
- 5. Climactic factors. We will cover all the major climates and how to work with them.
- 6. Trees, forests, and why we want to mimic their systems.
- 7. Water: catchment, usage, importance, and conservation
- 8. Soil, minerals, microorganisms, building new soil, and preventing erosion
- 9. Earthworks: How to shape the land to help it achieve the goals we are aiming for.
- 10. Aquaculture
- 11. Natural Building
- 12. Alternative systems: community living, and other ways of choosing to live differently that works well for people and the planet.
What are you expected to bring ?
.....swimming gear for the pond and if you have sensitive skin some sunprotector and a hat!
(Check the weather here before coming )
...finally, please bring Joy, Love, open heart, laughter, your own knowledge, etc...all the good in you!!!
What does the land provide ?
...spring water and delicious food - mainly
from local market, our garden and organic dry stuffs.
If you do, come prepared with your special supplies.
....warm solar shower system.
.....we have a few animals
4 wonderful cats,
chickens and a cute donkey....
Hmmm...that’s enough information for now...
If you have any questions, do ask ...
Click here to find information on directions....
let us know nearer the time if you come by car, public transports, or whatever you choose...
“What an absolutely brilliant course it was.. I am still digesting everything we were taught. And thank you so much for hosting us all. I look forward to seeing the fruits of this teaching in the years to come - when we are all working on established permaculture projects of our own!” Hannah xx, UK
With the support of WWOOF Portugal - to find out more about WWOOFing in Portugal check out their website: