Feb 7, 2010

Mission almost accomplished...


The second part of the bath roof is almost done...few more Spanish brums (now I know the word for "giestas") and it will be done... I'm not sure if tomorrow or tuesday cuz it's said it's gonna be raining...
Anyway, here are some pictures of this last week progress... I had fun, and Lyna cut all the Spanish Brum, which made it much more easier on the last day to cover it...


the first thing I had to do was going to the woods and cut some straight Mimosas for the roof structure...then take all the bark away so they are clean and smooth...it's also harder for the wood worms to go for it...

After finding the best way to lay the "not quite straight" poles I then laid these ones here to strengthen the whole structure, and divide the weight of the boards which would go on top...

so, the boards then...they were fitting well...straight enough, and enough inclination to let the water run down to the other roof...

It was looking cute already...but the hardest work was to saw each end of the boards... my back got a bit sore...I couldn't find a good position to do it...anyway...done...Fiiiiuu...

so then, two layers of normal black plastic which I nailed with the laths creating a frame all around it...oh, except the bottom, where the water goes down...

I added an extra board at the end side for more protection from the sun (that's what would destroy the plastic)

And finally the laying of the Spanish Brum...I love this work...

and as I said, having Lyna picking it all up during the week made the work quite easy...still, a bit delicate as I need to go on socks to the roof so I don't make any single hole on the plastic...

But we couldn't get to finish it before saturday evening, as we run out of brum, and it was getting too dark for me to do it... anyway... we chose to rest today...shantii, shantii...there is time for everything :-)

so, today I made a nice bath instead...enjoying and contemplating the work of the week :-)

all the details of the bath house are not done yet, but I'll save it for later cuz there are other priorities ahead... next week I want to start fixing and improving the irrigation system so we have taps with pressure for the dish washing and bath house...

And here's a nice one of Nolan...the one man show, "playing" the guitar and a sort of instrument that sounds like a trumpet... he's imitating his mom Lyna...actually he's in a funny stage of imitating and trying out everything (testing our patience as well)... the other day he picked a hammer and went right to the place I had the nails, then he was putting one in the corner of his mouth ( the way he sees me doing)...of course I was watching... and laughed... that's not really a safe "toy" for kids to play with :-)... he does try to help though :-)...
O.K, have a good week all of you... I'm ready for dinner and bed now... yeh, it's only 7pm as I write this, but that's the rhythm I have here...before 7am I'm already waking up and enjoying the sun rising :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely picture-show. i m glad you re doing well in patience nd care..
sending hope through water n light for best recomfort in all of us..;)